I’m not usually one to plug products on my websites.
But a dedicated reader (Snufkin) has found an interesting deal. And since it relates directly to this comic, I figured I’ll pass the word on.
So for those who want to get the whole series (or get it as a gift for someone you know enjoys the comic).
Act now, before they realize it was a mistake to discount this series.
You might like to know that I already have the complete collection (and paid a LOT more) which I use for source material. There are many elements in the comic (beyond the obvious) that is inspired/seen on the show.
The only way to keep up is to get the series.
If your a classic TV fan (as I know many of you are), they also have the complete Bewitched DVD Collection .
Now, you might be asking why I would mention a Bewitched TV series on a I Dream of Jeannie Fan Comic site?
(he he he…)
For those who live in Victoria, BC, Canada (Or there about), I’ll be attending the 910cmx Ka-vention. Being held on 28 June to 3 July 2013.
If you’re going, I’ll see you there. If you’re not going… It’s not too late to get involved.
I will also be creating a donation image on SailorSun.org for this month and opening commissions work to ease the hardship on my wallet for the trip.
After years of people telling me, “You need a proof reader”. I’m going to put the word out for one.
But be warned, it might not be as easy as you may think,
Here’s what I’m looking for in a proof reader,
- Someone who reads BOTH SailorSun.org and I Dream of a Jeanie Bottle;
- A excellent grasp of spelling and grammar (obviously),
- Has to have or be willing to get AIM account for instant messaging;
- Be able to use adobe or some other graphics program to seamlessly modify comic’s speech bubbles (I use CorelDraw & CorelPaint to make the comics),
The Proof reader will be responsible for,
- proof reading the comic (obviously) and correcting any minor grammar issues, major issues I can address,
- publishing the comics on the websites.
The benefits of the proof reader,
- seeing the comics ahead of time,
- able to add there two-cents in the comics and storyline,
- credited on the comics and websites,
- Get copies of the donation images (when they are made)
- sneak peek when Wolfpac is made.
I can her many of you asking, “Why does the proof reader have to do the work of correcting the spelling errors?”
To put it simply, by the time I finish a comic (which is hours of work ), I’m pooped and mainly focused on moving onto the next comic. Going back after finishing a comic is rather dis-hearting, which is why I don’t often fix the comics RIGHT after the errors are pointed out. I will try to not make errors, but I’d prefer someone who was willing to fix the small things themselves instead of having to go back and fix things all the time.
Yes it is asking a lot, but there are benefits to the position.
Applicants will probably be asked to prove there still and fix a comic to two that currently has spelling errors.
Well, it’s not really a fan image, but I want it on the wall.
A dedicated fan printed this from my Deviantart account, and was able to get Barbara Eden to sign it while she was a guest at a local conversion. I have yet to actual see Barbara Eden (other then threw the magical TV set) so this is a bit special and gets a place on my wall. Thanks to Grellden for getting and sending it too me.
If you want to know what else is on the wall….